Ideas in a Curing Model:
- Goal of health care is to eliminate symptoms.
- Every body part or system is viewed as separate from the others.
- Doctor is the ultimate authority and healer.
- Care is only needed when symptoms are present.
- Curing is a one-time event.
- Individual sees self as a victim of bad luck or bad genes.
Ideas in a Healing Model:
- Goal of health care is to integrate body, mind, and spirit.
- Every body part or system is viewed as connected to the others.
- Patient is the ultimate authority and healer.
- Regular care ensures maximum expression of health.
- Healing is an ongoing process.
- Individual sees self as responsible for creating their own experience of health.
How would your work life, family life, and personal life be different if you kept your thoughts focused on a healing model? What if you had more trust in yourself? More hope? What if you read this quote to yourself (or your child) every morning?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, “Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?” Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won’t feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. ~ Marianne Williamson