Dr. Barbara Kaiser, DC, CCWP, is excited to help you reach your health goals. At a time when Americans have never been sicker, and life is more complex than ever, you need to have a wellness expert on your side.
Dr. Kaiser received a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering and a master’s degree in environmental studies before finding her true passion for natural health care. She discovered chiropractic first as a patient.
Dr. Barb’s Story
While training in martial arts in college, she developed knee problems that made her feel several decades older than she really was. Not being satisfied with the advice of, “if it hurts, don’t do it,” she sought the help of a chiropractor. He explained the body’s connections, adjusted her spine, and gave her guidance on proper footwear. After several weeks of chiropractic care, her pain improved significantly.
She continued care and noticed that after several months her seasonal allergies decreased. Allergies had been a severe problem for Dr. Kaiser since childhood and she required daily medications to control her symptoms. Today, she is off all allergy medications, both prescription and over-the-counter. In chiropractic school, she learned about the connection between a powerfully functioning nervous system and a normalized immune system. That is, chiropractic care reduces stress to the nervous system and allows the whole body to function at its best.
Dr. Kaiser is thrilled to be trained in this healing capacity, and she takes her responsibilities as a doctor of chiropractic seriously. She graduated with honors from Northwestern Health Sciences University in Minnesota. She is one of a handful of Twin Cities chiropractors to achieve certification in wellness through the International Chiropractors Association’s Council on Wellness Science. She has completed all coursework for pediatric certification from the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association. She continues to advance her knowledge in nutrition and chiropractic arts.
Dr. Kaiser and her husband enjoy backpacking, travel, and science fiction. Their first trip abroad was to Japan, and they plan to return. Did you know that Japanese vending machines stock a variety of hot and cold tea drinks? Delicious!
- Doctor of Chiropractic, cum laude, Northwestern Health Sciences University, 2009
- Certified Chiropractic Wellness Practitioner, International Chiropractors Association, 2009
- M.S. Land Resources, University of Wisconsin – Madison, 2001
- B.S. Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Wisconsin – Madison, 1999
Selected Extracurricular Coursework
- Nutrition Response Testing, 2013
- Health Centers of the Future, 2012
- Endocrine Wellness for the Cycling Female, 2011
- Evaluation and Management of Common Health Issues in Children, 2010
- Balancing Female Hormones in Menopausal Women, 2010
- Metabolic Transformation: An Overview of Detoxification & Weight Loss, 2009
- Balancing Female Hormones Naturally: Foundations, 2009
- Nutritional Neurology, 2008
- International Chiropractic Pediatric Association coursework, 2007-2008
- B Kaiser, P D Eagan, and H Shaner. Solutions to health care waste: life-cycle thinking and “green” purchasing. Environ Health Perspect. 2001 March; 109(3): 205–207. (PDF)